Friday, May 18, 2012

Fluffing The Nest

After a sluggish 1st trimester, I've started off the first few weeks of my 2nd trimester with a turbo shot of energy!  I put this boost towards an early start in prepping our "nest" for our little one.

As a bit of a back story, we renovated our home last summer with a baby in mind.  We transformed our upstairs into 2 bedrooms, a living room and full bathroom.  It's the ideal space for family when they visit.  Then, we moved our bedroom furniture to the downstairs master with full bath.  Just a few feet down the hall from our bedroom is the perfect room that we designated as our future nursery, which by the way has the BEST view of the entire house.  Can't wait to rock our little one, as we gaze out at our backyard checking out the trees, flowers, bunnies & birds.  Another plus for me is that Hubby's office is across the hall from the nursery, so he's within an earshot if Peanut gets fussy.

For the last few months, the nursery has been a combination hobby room / office.  It housed everything from scrapbooking supplies to marketing plans to my digital piano.  My mission this week has been to clear out everything, move it to our upstairs storage room and sell all of the room's furniture to make room for baby.  Thank goodness for Facebook Yardsale groups.  The furniture that I have posted sold the very same day.  So, luckily, it has been very easy to get things moved.

By the end of the weekend, the room should be a clean slate for baby.  Feels awesome to be ahead of schedule.  We'll officially start decorating the nursery in July when we learn Peanut's gender.  Until then, I am giving myself a pat on the back and heading to the living room for an afternoon nap!

Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment