Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Life on Lupron



We are currently in the suppression phase of our FET (Frozen Embryo Transfer) cycle.  My ovaries and the hormones they make are being suppressed so the Dr can take the reins.  I'm on day #2 of Lupron injections (10 units every morning).  This drug basically puts my ovaries to sleep.  It turns off my hormones and puts my body into an artificial state of menopause.


It comes with some pretty nasty side effects:  headache, acne, mood swings, hot flashes, itching, weight gain, etc.  I spent most of yesterday with an ice pack on my head and I've had a pretty rough headache this afternoon.  But, it's nothing I can't easily shake.  The silver lining is the shots themselves are easy for me to administer myself, since they are subcutaneous in the lower abdomen.

I like to combat the side effects by staying busy, so I don't think about it as much.  We had a really fun weekend with family in town for the Superhero Strides for CF 5K, a race that my husband started to raise funds and awareness for Cystic Fibrosis.  Lots of $ raised to get us closer to a cure.


I also started back on weekly acupuncture sessions, which I LOVE.  I'll continue these until the morning of the transfer. It keeps me relaxed and in optimal health during the cycle.

My embryo transfer is just one month away.  Gavin has become really interested in babies lately.  Last week, he pulled his old bouncy chair into his room and filled it with toys for "his baby".  As each day passes, our excitement builds in the hope of baby #2 (& #3 for those praying we'll have twins). 

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34  


No comments:

Post a Comment