Wednesday, June 17, 2015

We Have a Date

.....a transfer date, that is.

I went to Nashville this morning for my suppression check appointment.  I had the full workup - ultrasound, bloodwork, consultation & physical.  The purpose of this visit is to make sure I'm fully suppressed a.k.a. my hormones are shut down.  Thankfully, they found no cysts, a very thin uterine lining & an estrogen level of 23.

Starting tomorrow, I'll decrease my Lupron injections to 5 units every morning and add in 0.1 estradiol valerate via intramuscular injection in the hip (2x week).  The needles are 1.5" and 22 gauge.  Fun times.

I'm officially on the schedule for a July 7th 11:30am transfer with my favorite Dr!  We are planning to do another single embryo transfer, like we did with Gavin.  In the meantime, I have one more appointment coming up on June 29th to be sure my lining is building as it should.  As long as all goes well, the transfer will go as scheduled.

I can't say enough great things about the NFC staff.  My nurse chatted with me for over a half hour answering my random questions.  This is on top of the fact that she came in on her day off when she saw my name on the schedule.  She talked through my 2011 miscarriage and shared her own story of loss.  In a world where infertility is so taboo, it was very refreshing that she was so open & honest about her own struggles.  It was a great reminder to never be ashamed of your story because it can inspire others in ways you never dreamed.

Will certainly keep you all updated on our progress.  Thanks a million for all the prayers!








No comments:

Post a Comment